Sunday 11 February 2018

Winner and loser

...that's me this week. I finally managed to get signed up with EE to take advantage of the corporate discount on phone plans. It will save me a good ten pounds every month, as I've been on pay-as-you-go until now which is rather pricey. So, savings!

And as a reward for reducing my spending and better managing my budget, my credit score has been walloped. Punched in the face. The simple act of entering a phone contract. Boooo. My electoral roll address has finally updated, but it barely helped with that overall score. The bank still won't touch me for any kind of unsecured personal loan to try to knock out the fast-approaching deadline on the previously-mentioned Large Bill which is hovering overhead and being rather annoying.

Large Bill company has not tripped over itself in offering to work with me (I did offer to make an arrangement to pay them back, as I know my financial situation will improve dramatically in a few months' time). Unfortunately what I got was a vague note that they don't do arrangements, they would expect to take action on this, but then an ambiguous sort of indication that they would wait and see what I could manage. Um... yeah thanks? At the same time their sales team are calling me every day! I've taken to not answering the calls from the sales team... so they upped the ante today and sent me a link by text message, which was a promotional video inviting me to spend fifty thousand pounds (insert me crying with laughter here).

At least they have a sense of humour!

I also cancelled my Spotify Premium account. I do love it, but that's ten pounds more I can use on bills, and I've noticed lately that I rarely listen on my mobile (which is the main aspect of Spotify Free that's lacking, compared with Premium).

No comments:

Post a Comment