Tuesday 30 January 2018

It Won't.Go.Away.

Let's pretend I snapped before eating.
I thought I was getting better, but the flu has had other ideas and moved (with a vengeance) into my nose, and laughed its way maniacally into my chest. Oh, it's hilarious alright, I've now been forced back off work and thus off the payroll until I stop hacking up a lung. Sigh. I suppose I should appreciate saving the 3.60 in train fare each day that I stay home? Haha.

I did manage to get five lemon curd donuts this week for 16p. Imagine, if you will, that it was something I actually needed. (But they were good, though.)

My washer has been delivered and installed! Although it will take me about a year to recoup the savings compared with visiting the launderette, I think it's worth it for my general sanity. And if I'm honest it hurt psychologically to feed four pounds into the machine for each load and another five to get my sheets dry. No, a tumble dryer is not thrifty and it's not environmentally responsible; but drying my large stuff inside in an unheated living room in England is just not happening!

I had my eye on a small chest of drawers this week, and remembered I had gift vouchers to use from work. Late last year I nabbed a seasonal product on sale that came with vouchers included - spending £10 to get £20 in vouchers, and they needed to be used, so here we are. I also got my standard staff discount applied. End result is that I got a £25 chest of drawers for £11.66. Not bad!

This weekend, providing I'm actually well enough, I shall be taking a trip north to visit friends, meaning some spending on travel, accommodation and entertainment will be a thing. Hardly ideal given my low income of late, but friends are important and who wants to die rich without any fun in this life? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment