Tuesday 2 October 2018

Life "On Hold"

I was thinking to myself that I really should blog something this weekend in a spare moment, and even though I'd known I had been busy, I was aghast to see how long it's been since my last post... eek!

I know that I have fallen off the wagon a lot of late. I haven't really cooked in weeks, and have lived off scotch eggs and sausage rolls for dinner. I even bought a takeaway meal twice... quelle horreur. Worse still was the waste of food (insert ashamed emoji here). I really haven't been looking after myself other than to ensure adequate sleep, but at least I've had time for that much.

Cash actually seems just to bleed away. I am not making big spends but I'm making unplanned spends. Random spends here and there, I'm acutely aware of the fact that the wallet is coming out non-stop, but I literally haven't got the spoons to do anything about it. I mainly just hold on for the ride and hope that when I get back to the turnstiles, the bank account won't be in the negative.

sku-238917 eyeglasses angle viewI did buy myself a new (second) pair of reading glasses. These are those... they were $12 US including the postage. I cannot recommend them highly enough. The company is Zenni, and if you're a TopCashBack member you should go in via there (then make sure you sign up to the Zenni mailing list and get your intro discount).

I am beginning to begrudge the fact that my two jobs are in different cities. I think I've mentally checked out of my own town because the daytime job is in another town. It's like I resent coming home because I'll only have to drive back in the morning... which is slightly ridiculous and funny because most people would have the reverse attitude! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment