Saturday 8 June 2019

Pugsley Lives!

Turns out the problem was in fact what I had hoped - a very cheap fix done while I waited. Brickbat to the previous mechanic who had apparently left things in a silly state and had also not done all the things he should have. Lesson learned and I have found a lovely new mechanic to look after my baby from here on.

Side effect of him doing things while I waited was that I didn't go out shopping for the planned new jeans I had in mind (well, it saves money).

Glasses have arrived from Zenni and I am over the moon with them! The prescription sunglasses in particular are amazing. I am still getting used to the new prescription and it's a little bit odd to drive with specs on, but that's just a teething problem.

Still no new job. I am a bit meh about the low number of replies I'm getting. I should increase the effort I'm putting in, and hopefully that will help. I did get one reply thanking me but advising that I'm not successful for the position of apprentice butcher (I definitely did not apply to become an apprentice butcher, so I think I'm ok with this).

New credit card approved and arrived. They have reneged and told me I can't have a balance transfer because I haven't lived in this flat long enough to satisfy their credit check (long enough to be trusted, really, for another five months). What a waste of time. Oh well, it still helps my credit rating, a £0 balance on a decent limit just decreases the overall % of my available credit that's in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment