Thursday 27 June 2019

Social Media Hiatus

I have put myself on one (blogging excepted) due to being a horrible, hyperactive, nasty piece of work. I know it's stress that is doing this - I have been quite unhappy in my job and am busy waiting on my test results - but there is no excuse for taking it out on others, which I did. An absolute black cloud attitude was hovering over my head and I needed to put myself in the naughty chair. It's so tempting to open it all up "just for a peek" but so far I am staying strong.

Connells Estate Agents. Thumbs down.
A nice-ish side effect is that I got a few things done. I phoned the estate agent and by a sheer stroke of luck got someone more useful than their receptionist-bouncer who usually blocks me getting to anyone who actually works in property. Somehow I got the actual sales guy who came out to take the photos two months ago. I gave him a polite bollocking for the entire office having zero contact with me, their client, for more than eight weeks. I extracted a very hasty and desperate promise that he'd drop the price immediately as I had asked for weeks ago. We'll see. My confidence in them is already in the toilet. No phone calls, no contact, and not responding to my messages, not even after I got head office involved on three separate occasions and appealed directly to their branch manager (all calls and emails got me nothing but empty promises). Their contact centre even called me after a month to do a satisfaction survey - the lady was shocked I'd heard nothing - but her kind promises to get a listing upgrade were also empty ones, so apparently their entire company can't business their way out of a paper bag. Usually I'd avoid mentioning the business as their punishment, but they have truly excelled in being absolutely terrible, so here you go - avoid Connells Estate Agents like the plague, their customer service is not just bad, it's non-existent. I don't understand how they have any clients at all.

I also went for a job interview today and got the job. I will be working in a bar and restaurant, doing a bit of everything, barista, bartender, waitress, food preparation. I can't wait, they seem really lovely. The work is quite seasonal, so they are busy over the summer then the work drops off a little, but I sensed my interview was going incredibly well and I managed to extract a promise of minimum contracted hours. I drove home fist-pumping and immediately put in my notice on the cleaning job.

Did a couple more one-off days as a temp, this time for a small festival in Cornwall. It was a nice change and not difficult work. It pays the bills, so they say!

Big naughty spend: basic tablet £109 pounds, something I have had my eye on for a while. I can't afford it and can't excuse it, so another skint month is coming.

Good: I have finally, officially, gotten to the half-way point in my weight loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment