Saturday 19 September 2015

Records Broken

I've mentioned before that I run a tourist apartment - we let it on AirBnB. This is a strategy I have for making what's a rather expensive investment not only pay its own way, but pay us a little something extra at the same time. (Can I just add - it still amazes me how many people are thrilled when the rent covers 80% of their mortgage - in my immodest opinion some of them are just settling for "ho hum" - I've told you that I'm greedy, ours covers about 180% - 200%.)

For the month of August we booked 29 out of 31 days. Or putting it another way, a 94% occupancy rate and 400e income over my previous best month. To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

I told hubby we'd beaten our previous record income, but he was absolutely shocked at the total we had booked. Can't ask for better than 94%!

Well, we can (by asking for 100) but if it happens it will just be a bonus kind of awesome, not par for the course!

Do you have real estate in your investment plans? Maybe you have different investments?

No comments:

Post a Comment