Monday 8 January 2018

Random Disappearing Act

Firstly I hope everyone had a lovely holiday break :) I spent Christmas Day by myself, relaxing at home (well most of it) and then got an out-of-the-blue invite to go away for a week. So I threw caution to the wind and I went... throwing a bunch of savings into a plane ticket. Yes it burned a hole in my pocket but the accommodation and meals were very kindly paid for me, and really, what's the point of being frugal all year if you never get to have any fun?

So you'll have to forgive me that this blog was a little bit (totally and completely) forgotten while I was soaking up sunshine and drinking cocktails by the pool.

It has been a difficult few days back at work. I've been working outdoors in the cold promoting our store, and while I have loved talking to the public about what I do, I have to admit that the allure of a warm coffee shop has won me over a few times. Five degrees, darkness and wind, they're really not that much fun all day. Sure, it's one thing to bring a flask from home but when you know you could be thawing out at a table inside with your workmates, it's so hard to resist (and I failed). I'm not rude enough to sit there without at least buying a cuppa, so I bought one, even though I ate my sandwiches from home.

Also a takeaway once, but at least I used a voucher. And also cookies with it. And also more coffee. Also.

As an aside I did get cashback for my plane ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment