Thursday 11 June 2020

The Crash, aka Coronavirus #20

So I have three days off work - three whole days to be at home and do absolutely anything I like, or even nothing at all. It should be bloomin' marvellous since I haven't even had two days off together since January. Unfortunately, the overtime budget at work has overrun and extra work has come to a screaming halt. Bang, down from 35 hours per week to my contracted 9.25, and I might not even get my "always promised" extra few hours every Monday.

I just have to keep hoping for random overtime shifts to come up, and that they offer a permanent contract to me at some point. Even a tiny permanent contract will be an improvement in terms of mortgage eligibility.

It all throws a spanner into the works in terms of my second job, which I was considering giving leave on. I might be stuck there a while just to keep myself fed and clothed. I'm not pleased about it. They plan for us to return to work in two weeks' time. We shall see.

Also *angry face* I missed a payment on my credit card. I actually set up a direct debit five weeks ago and somehow apparently missed some kind of text on the screen saying that it would not commence for another seven weeks. Annoyed is not the word. I got a £12 late payment fee, 78p in interest (on a balance of six quid for dog's sake) but the part I'm most angry about is that it might score me a "late payment" marker on my credit history. The payment was missed ten days ago and I paid it in full today as soon as I realised it had been missed. So far none of the credit scoring sites shows it as a late payment - touch wood the bank won't report it. The poor chap on the phone was stuck with me moaning about it and was very kind about it but he can't do a thing about the marker, if/when it goes on. I did once miss a payment for a similar dumb reason with another bank and it never went onto my records, so I just have to hope...

J and I went into the local discount supermarket (read: a competitor) because I'd seen they had a special on Coke and I was curious as to the sorts of other things they sold anyway. I'm ashamed to say that I fell in love with the place and bought home £20 worth of food, even J bought £10 worth. They have a much better and cheaper range of ready meals and staples. We work in a supermarket and still agreed we're coming back to do most of our shopping in future. We are officially traitors now.

Free food: everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment