Saturday 10 December 2022

An Abundance Of Victories

While not having visited the gym nearly often enough to justify its expense, and while also being more active at work, I have lost another two kilos. I also managed to bag an exercise bike for £10 πŸ‘ and it's even a folding one, and I managed to adjust my shower so that it's no longer scalding and thus quite adequately functional, so I've quit my gym membership. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I took myself off to Cheap German Supermarket today and came home with £35 worth of groceries. I also finally received my Australian passport after fighting with ridiculous delays and weeks of postal strikes.

I've had a months' worth of fantastic overtime and although I'm tired, I reconcile this with knowing it helps to claw back against debt. January will be very lean for extra hours and I can relax more then. Right now I reach my 10,000 steps nearly every day.

Next week my car goes in for a repair to its exhaust, as right now there's a small hole somewhere close to the engine. It's hitting zero outside lately and until that repair is done I can't really use my demister, plus it's like sitting in a fridge without that functioning heater. They are also going to replace my wiper, and the globes on my registration plate. My MOT is also booked later in the week. Touch wood that will turn up nothing new. Frugal: I haven't bought any de-icer, I'm just using my trusty plastic scraper to remove the ice from the car windows. Five minutes of workout while the engine is still warming up anyway!

Speaking of cold, both heaters are on, ouch. But since I'm hardly home, I figure I can splash out on them one day a week 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment