Tuesday 20 December 2022

Spoke Too Soon

My little motor failed its MOT this morning... after making me late for work because the mechanic wasn't sure whether it was ready yet (four hours after its appointment time at the other garage). It's something about corrosion, I'll find out more tomorrow. And they couldn't adjust the clutch. So... I'm looking at maybe £600-900 worth of repairs.

But there's little choice other than to go ahead, because this is a £1500 car and without those repairs it's a £0 car. Even if it's January before I can manage to book the work in.

I'll walk back up tomorrow to face the music. Here's hoping that the failure isn't a "do not drive" because I'd quite like to have one more day where I actually have a car. The bus is a bit of a pain. I was fortunate tonight because Blondie insisted on driving me to the bus stop, and the bus came straight away, got me home in 50 minutes, which is a lot faster than usual.

It was an otherwise good day 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment