Thursday 16 May 2024

The Splurge, Toy Edition

Remember a year ago when I said my house will never be filled with brightly-coloured plastic? Ahem. Anyway, Little X prefers about four toys to all the rest. But I went into a little independent charity shop this week and CLEANED UP, ie, I spent £8 and got an enormous bag of baby toys, which I do actually plan to sell in bundles. More toys for her is pointless right now as she can't divide her attention anyway and having too many surrounding her is just noise. She often ignores the lot in favour of the carry bag, my socked foot or chewing on her sleeve. 🤷‍♀️

I'm hunting around for a jumperoo or walker. Not to necessarily roll about in, but so that she can spend some time upright for the different muscle groups. She's an ace at moving around by rolling and scooting (crawling is on the horizon). 

One pair of trainers sold, two more listed, four to work on and list. I've done £50 on vinted in two weeks, about 30 of that is profit. £215 for bank switching 👏 and I've figured out how to pay several bills on credit card rather than direct deposit, since the "three months of no maternity pay" starts shortly. I can afford a few pounds of interest for a spell rather than affording a few hundred in bills each month. After that my annual leave pay begins and things improve 👏 

We actually went to play group this week for the first time in ages, and it was odd seeing tiny babies! Little X was as good as gold 🥇

Refunded: the trainer cups which turned out to be impossible to assemble without a crowbar (I even found the receipt). In exchange I bought 4 small wide neck bottles new from Vinted for a fiver, and £4 got us some different teats to switch in soon. 

Spendy: £25 on a space saver "real" cot for Little X 😍 and while it's slightly narrower than the travel cot I got free, I don't need to bend down to the ground to pick her up anymore. 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment