Thursday 23 May 2024

The Sofa Saga

There seem to be a lot of sagas in my life, but whatever. I had to repair my last sofa and here we are again with the "new" one. I thought it just had saggy foam, but no, the support belting sucks and is almost dead. I've ordered upholstery belt and I'm going to attack it with a staple gun. £20 I didn't want to spend 😒

I also spent another £25 on a cube storage unit which needed assembling. In the spare time which I didn't have 😂 to be placed in the space I don't have. 😂 The only place for it is on top of my drawers, so I lose that surface, but considering it was covered in bags and boxes before, no loss. 

Little X has a monster cold and is miserable. I suppose the first one had to happen eventually! 

Good news for the bank account, I qualify for the £100 Nationwide bank bonus in June and also get £100 council support payment soon. £185 switch bonus too plus a £30 cashback bonus. Still waiting to hear about the £500 Sure Start Maternity grant, not sure if I'll get it. 🤞 

More money out: £20 on bedding and waterproof mattress cover for the cot. £5 on a great walker which can be kept stationary... Little X is a bit small yet as her toes don't reach the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment