Tuesday 20 August 2024

It is a Journey

This investment thang is a bit of a pain. I calculate that in the first week I did it, I earned £140, but some of it I still don't have back in my hand, the jobs are being difficult and four of the ten have requested convoluted ID and bank statements. I then had to redact their competitors' info from the statements each time so that I could send four different documents. Ridiculous. I partly caused this by making a silly error in payment processing, and hopefully I will do better next time with fewer headaches. I want this money to all land in hand before I try some more.

The laptop finally became unusable so I spent my £100 jackpot win on a voucher for Argos. I paid the rest via topping up a reloadable Mastercard via a work perk (7% off) and I also went via TopCashBack for another £9 in cashback. This new laptop is shiny but quite different and definitely not as powerful. I am reminding myself it is perfectly adequate and that I don't use a pc enough to justify the overpowered beast models anymore.

I made the decision to arrange payment holidays for two of my credit cards. They were 2 of the 3 most hideous interest rates and the only ones of the lot who do this without informing credit reporting agencies. I still had to be insistent to both of them on why I wanted 3 months off rather than a long-term repayment plan, which is reportable. Guy #1 was just not very bright and Guy #2 just did not listen, so I would imagine these calls must be VERY stressful for many people. Neither card can be used now for three months and since I was "living" off one of them, I took a money transfer before the call. Anyway, no repayment, no fees, no interest, for three months. Ideally I would like to clear one of them in that time. Fingers crossed.

Three large bags of stuff given to the baby bank. Quite a bit was delisted from Vinted and just given away. After 2 months, those clothes were occupying more than their sale value in my living room. I also sold the old stroller for a fiver and plan to list Little X's walker seat soon too. She is now standing and walking when her hands are held. And I mean everywhere, if she could speak she would be demanding to stand up right now. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment