Thursday 12 September 2024

Multiple Miscalculations

My side hustle investment thing is doing better than I realised. I have tentatively set it to automatically withdraw £60 each month in profit, as "income", since it also costs me £40 per month to be a member, so, I'm assuming I will make at least £100 each month. Optimism, right? There is money sitting about in the working account now and I need to knuckle down and start more jobs on it. Next goal: to have enough sitting about that I can increase my regular withdrawal. Tonight I'm doing a mini training course on another job type in the system so that I can do those jobs.

I sat my first practice English exam and scored 75%. The teacher was raving about how well we all did considering we had just started the course, but I was quite disappointed in my score. I thought I was "good at" English, at least in understanding and interpreting a text. I think what I found most frustrating is that I read the answer key and thought I had done as the question asked, but apparently, I didn't, and I don't really understand why. She seems to think we will all get better at these with practice. I hope so. I don't know how to improve when I don't know what was lacking. It was all the more surprising since every question we answer in classwork, she says is correct...

Speaking of that course I have to find childcare for three exams and it is really difficult. Everyone I've approached either doesn't answer my enquiries or doesn't do one-off sessions. Ugh. It's the same problem for Job #2. I really need a regular small-hours role where I can take Little X with me. I'm hopefully visiting the site this weekend just to see if it might be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment