Monday 14 October 2024

Controversial, Also, Tosser Bosses

Here is the promised job #2 update. I think I've said, there is a new Assistant Boss #2, who called and asked when I wished to start my new job in NowheremΓ€ki, which is a one hour round trip and now only a two hour contract. I --- what? πŸ˜‚ I mean, it was 11 months into my leave before they casually dropped into conversation that I'm not having my old local 7hpw job back. So I had every intention of taking my holiday pay and leaving, but I decided to let him keep talking now about this shitty binfire of a new role, just out of curiosity. And then I decided to tour the site out of curiosity. 

It's semi-rural and quiet, is once a week, can be done at night anytime over the weekend, and should soon rise to 4h or even higher. πŸ’‘ So I have decided to actually do the job, since I won't pay any tax or lose any of my benefit (the "perks" of a pathetic income) and I will sneak Little X in with me. I've done it once and I am still on tenterhooks, half expecting the phone to ring at any time with the new Boss telling me I'm sacked. It's just going to take a few weeks before I can semi relax and get on with... Sneaking in to do my job while kiddo sleeps. πŸ˜‚ I'm reminding myself that she's safely confined to her portacot, and that it's hard for them to fill such a role. 

I'm hoping to take my job #1 accrued holiday pay at 4hpw and that holiday pay will then last a year. πŸ˜‚ At which point, Little X gets free childcare. πŸ‘ 

Investment work is going well. I made £50 yesterday in a couple of hours. I can see it won't be predictable (half of that income was a one-off and I refuse to do the jobs which have any amount of risk). But for now I am sort of enjoying it and every penny is helping.

The local council unexpectedly sent me £50 extra from the Household Support Fund which they had not managed to spend before the deadline. A new round begins shortly so here's hoping it is a decent amount.

I didn't manage to stay off the card I repaid from my advance - I think that's obvious from my last post, and it's not a fail since there wasn't enough liquid money to avoid it. I'm trying hard to use it as little as I can. It's at about £150 of £600. I'm looking forward to having my small salaries trickle in, with the possibility of paying even £10 off it each week. πŸ™ƒ

Onwards and upwards! I'm afraid to post this entry, however, in case I jinx things and my sneaky job doesn't work out, so I might delay posting it for a bit πŸ˜‚ 

STOP PRESS (while I twitch) I asked the Universal Credit team to help with fuel costs for the job, it's called the Flexible Support Fund and is un-advertised, I found it only by accident on a forum, but you can ask for help from it for a bunch of reasons. Long convoluted appointment done, they didn't know what they were doing and approved it - I've just received £70 towards my travel. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment