Wednesday 8 April 2020

Coronavirus #11, Fatigue

It is mental fatigue too, and despite a good 12-hour sleep, my patience with idiots wears thin. It's hard not to be on edge at work now as our daily deaths are at the 1,000-mark and people still struggle with the concept of waiting their turn and keeping their distance. I think some of them need to take a bit of a tour through an aircraft hangar filled with coffins.

I need to set aside time to meditate and to recharge my brain.

I've ordered another game from eBay, this one is called Hive and has pretty good reviews. I paid for it with Nectar points since they were lying around unused and might as well be spent. I should also get some points back for it and some cashback.

They're teaching me new things at work, like the setups for systems, the opening and close down procedures, and how to handle price reductions and waste food. It's good to have new responsibilities. I'm still #1 Door Bitch too. Tall Coworker has been promoted to shift leader and is doing an amazing job so there are plenty of things to take on and help out with now that he's busy with new responsibilities.

Assistant boss lady #2 was wondering aloud this morning how on earth she'll ever cover the rota when the newbie contracts all end in ten days' time, so I mentioned the end of mine next week. I'm not one of the true newbies, I was employed as a temporary staffer to cover someone on sick leave unrelated to Coronavirus - but they're immune-compromised so they can't return to work anyway. I've mentioned my contract end date over and over around both bosses but somehow the immininence of it hadn't sunk in until today. I thought she would have kittens. After a while she laughed and said, do you really think we're going to let you go? And I said, well, I don't know if I'll even pass my probation... which was met with another laugh, so I think I'm safe. There is no way they're going to let me go, but I fully expect that fixing a new contract will be a complete pain in the arse. Watch this space.

My loan repayments are deferred by three months, which wasn't strictly necessary but will help with saving a bit more in case I have a chance to pounce on anything. I'm still waiting for the mega-bargain flat to come up for sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment