Friday 10 April 2020

The Big Shop, Corona #12


So I went out to the Big Shop yesterday after work to take advantage of my discount. And, whoa. People were queued out the door and around the corner and I waited a good 20 minutes even to get in. It was all quite orderly and people kept their distance and I decided people aren't so stupid after all.

Unfortunately I then got inside.

Big blue arrows on the floor are too difficult a concept and people wandered around like idiots in any direction they pleased, into each others' personal space and wherever they fancied. I felt like my little trolley was a shield, as over and over again I had to reposition it to force myself some space from some fool.

And what did I buy? Well I did get the things on my list and I also got a lot that wasn't. But the total went from £40 down to £34 which was really gratifying to see at the till.

I've told myself that this is all I need for the month and I shouldn't need to spend apart from milk. Fruit, veg and bread comes up free at work, my cupboard has plenty of tins and packets, I have a huge pack of loo roll, and my freezer is absolutely chockers with meat and butter. The car is full of fuel.

I don't need to spend. Touch wood.

I'm working for all three public holidays this weekend (penalty rates! £££) and with a spectacular weather forecast we expect the idiots to be out in force and flouting the lockdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment