Monday 20 April 2020

Good Mood. Corona #15

Lovely sunny day, good music on the radio, and looking forward to having dinner with J, of cold chicken, coleslaw and salad. I went in for my last shift today and with half an hour to go, my manager T said "See you tomorrow" - I said, "Will you?" and she winked. Big boss has extended my contract by three more months, so I am over the moon 😊

The "deniers" are out in force at work now. Also the liars (yes I put hand gel on when I came in, yes I read the screen which said 'card only' before I hammered the button to continue). Duh.

My new board game, Hive, is brilliant and another firm favourite to play against J. He will no doubt become much better at it than I will as he had the tactics in play almost immediately.

It's almost Stocktake Time at work and we've begun a deep reorganisation of the entire shop, unearthing about 50 packets of crisps which are all past their "best before" date. J asked to take them home and was told yes - we now each have a stash, and he really made me proud when he chimed "free meal deals!" as he bagged them all up. He had realised that he could fake those £3 meal deals for 30p when he goes to work, by having a free coffee, making toast, and just buying crisps or chocolate in a multipack. And now his lunches will be free for the next month.

Free crisps and bagels: £9.80
Yellow stickers, multi deals, discounts: £7.66

No comments:

Post a Comment