Thursday 12 August 2021

Cars, Ouch

So I love the freedom of a vehicle (while I don't mind busses, trying to get to & from work at 5am and 11pm, I'd be spending a fortune on taxis). But I don't much like Renewal Time. My current insurer, for the second year running, sent me an extortionate renewal quote. On the comparison sites they were way over the best quote... so that was a no-brainer. I called them but they couldn't quite beat the quote, and I was also promised a £75 credit from TopCashBack for switching. So, shrug, switch done, why wouldn't I?

Still a chunk out of my wallet but hey, it's done for another year. On the plus side I've driven far fewer miles than expected which is a win.

Work is... well work is work. Two steps forward, one step back. Cousin Store #2's manager visited during the week and invited me to move there with a view to progressing up to store manager myself. I am nowhere near ready just yet, but it's a nice feeling to know my network believes in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment