Friday 20 August 2021

Gym Junkie

...or something. After a way-too-long hiatus I've (re)joined a gym. Mainly because a brand new one is opening up near my work, the first 24h gym in the area, and the opening deal was for 12 quid a month. It was a no-brainer. I miss being able to jump on a treadmill for a couple of hours and just decompress, and now I can do so at 11pm again. Win.

Also, I need to shift some weight because I really don't want to order larger work trousers and I am almost being strangled by the ones I have 😬

Yet another procedure change at work means the possibility of freebies is down to almost none. Hey ho it was nice while it lasted and I can still buy reduced products like any other shopper. Last night I really wanted to buy myself Chow Mein, but I was a good girl and went home and ate... tinned tuna with half a packet of cooked wholegrain rice and some sriracha thrown in. And a small tub of pineapple. I don't recommend it as a taste sensation. But at least I ate out of the cupboard (that rice has been in there since kid #2 went home, which is a year).

Today is payday and I threw all my last-month's leftover money onto my loan (£500). I think that's pretty good going. I did a fair bit of overtime this past month so it was another good pay and I expect I'll be able to overpay by a similar amount next time.

Spendy McSpenderson: A cheap wireless charger for my phone because the USB port is dodgy and continually disconnects the power, which was as joyful as it sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment