Friday 19 January 2024

Faulty Clocks

All of them. They simply must be faulty because everything takes so much longer than I expect. Today after the group, I calculated there were 1-2 hours left before Little X would demand feeding. Half way around the supermarket she started to cry, and quickly became inconsolable, which is rather inconvenient when you have a trolley of shopping 🛒 AND your kitchen is depleted almost to the bone so you can't actually not shop. When I got home I realised it was much later than I'd realised. She had a point in yelling at me. 

So anyway as hinted I used up a lot of food this week. Emptied both freezers and a fair few packets and tins. I even drank black coffee for two days when the milk ran out. ☕ It's probably the first time I have actually lived the way my income should dictate. 🤣 It helped that the temperature out there is hovering around freezing ❄ and it's just generally inconvenient to shop with a baby to begin with.

Today I managed a few yellow stickers. Seven (7) reduced cheese pizzas 🍕 which were only 69p each. Three lasagne portions - I consider lasagne a treat these days given the cost so I haven't had any for ages. And I also bought reduced cinnamon buns. This supermarket is new to me, spacious, cheap and clean, so I may have to make it a habit. Spendy also put cheap chocolate, coke and muffins into the trolley. It's important to taste test them, obviously. 

Currently playing a mindless game for cash. I have joined a bunch of Facebook groups for people who do "stuff at home for cash" and there are a few promising-looking programmes I may try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment