Thursday 4 July 2024

Happy Votependence Day

So it's the 4th of July, which we all know is a very important date, that's right, voting day. My area only has two candidates getting a good percentage of the votes, Tories and Liberal Democrats, which works well for me since since I vehemently detest the Tories since Lib Dem is my ideal party anyway.

I have been rejected for significant financial support from the grant scheme I applied to but they have given me a discretionary £300 for cost of living. 👏 I also got the statutory maternity grant of £500 👏 plus unexpectedly got a further week of maternity pay 😲 so now I'm impatient for (1) Friday, to see if it happens again, and (2) Universal Credit day to see how much I have left over to hack at the Poison Ivy card again. 

Little X is fast outgrowing her clothes so I bought a bundle off Vinted, and the seller threw in some extras, it's a huge pile 💕 really pleased even though most of it is for winter & next year. I have finally started listing the newborn stuff for sale, six sets sold within minutes 😲 unfortunately we had to cancel once we clarified the sizes. Still, part of it resold an hour later so here's hoping. Also sold another two pairs of trainers and the next pair is cleaned up and drying as I write. I seem to be settling into £50 profit each month. 

We survived 2 concerts and "survived" is apt since without being able to take a stroller in, it's fairly exhausting. It hurts carrying a kid let that long, who also won't sleep. Might be easier next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment