Tuesday 17 November 2020

Flat Update

So it has finally arrived, that is, the solicitor's report on what's happening so far. Lots of documents hit me at once. The flat is evidently a mortgagee-in-possession sale and there is a paper trail indicating the flat was empty for a year. The previous owner was an 81-year-old widow and I would think she is either deceased or has moved into care. But the fact that I'm now dealing with a bank as the seller makes life a complete headache. Most of the solicitor's enquiries are met with answers of "we don't know" from the building manager or "please ask the freeholder" (which is a bank - which likewise will not know the answer as they never lived there).

The managing agent has not even done more than hint about the roof repair. They formally informed all residents of their intent to get quotes on the roof back in April - I already know they got quotes before this! - and despite stating to residents that a month later they'd announce the successful tender, that doesn't seem to have happened, nor are there any actual amounts stated nor any attempt to start the work. They vaguely said that residents would pay an extra £500 in fees next year, which clearly doesn't add up to a £60,000 roof repair. I've asked my solicitor to chase it but what a pain in the backside to have to ask for paperwork when they obviously know it's of interest to a buyer and they have no reason to withhold it...

Eh. I miscounted my days of work in a row. It was 16. Wiped out. I already know that this one day off will not be enough. But hey, what else would I be doing with my days apart from maybe lie about in a hot bath, do my laundry, or you know, wash my dishes? I really need to see the bottom of my sink again and eat something other than free sandwiches and meat pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment