Tuesday 10 November 2020

Delays

So my solicitor (in her cone of silence) has never kept me abreast of what's happening. I had expected to exchange this week, and when I asked about an exchange date, only then does she decide to tell me that she has had to order searches from scratch as neither purchaser ever did them. This means we're looking at an extra two to three weeks.

Thanks for letting me know. Meh.

I am working 13 days straight because I am incapable of saying no. Last night I unexpectedly got an email that we're getting a 10% bonus again over Christmas; this is welcome news, but I'm going to feel like I earned it! The humans just Do.Not.Stop and anyone would think they consider it necessary to shop and inhale more food just because we're locked down. Not to mention the idiots who think it's funny to steal and to hurl empty bottles at the shop window.

On the plus side, I have a pie for dinner and haven't bought any Coke since the 3 cases ran out.

I have learned that new carpet for my new flat will cost me about £440, which is good news. I will need about £1000 for new heating, if the one in there isn't useful - the EPC indicates no heating, but there's some kind of heater clearly visible in the pictures, which tells me that the assessor probably never even visited the flat... no wonder the EPC is so terrible, maybe there is hope yet that I might get it up into the E range after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment