Thursday 24 December 2020

My 12pm Breakfast

I have pushed back my work return until Boxing Day. I felt rather sorry for myself yesterday and wasn't in a mood to do anything. At some point in the early evening I realised I'd only had one glass of liquid all day - which is a stupid idea for someone in my situation - but it sums up just how fed up I am of having to look after myself.

So here I am, 12pm, been up for a few hours, and I'm now forcing myself to have breakfast. It consists of a cup of white tea & pomegranate (SOOOO nice, massive thanks to my neighbour for leaving this behind when she moved out). And three slices of dried apple and four sugar-free gummy bears, both of which are medicinal, because although they aren't unpleasant, I would not have bothered eating at all if I had a choice in the matter.

I'm now thinking of the donut in my fridge which must be eaten today and which isn't a smart food choice but will taste good even while there are far more intelligent things to eat and that's IF I were even interested in food... which I am not. Please say a prayer to the dog of appetites that I feel like bothering with this later on.

Terrified of having to leave the house today for necessities, and terrified of going out tomorrow, and terrified of going to work the day after. I'm still not ready to do any of these things. But I have to make myself do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment