Sunday 1 January 2023

So Much Of Nothing

I have survived Christmas and New Year (the latter was spent asleep, since I deserved it). It was a peaceful time where I mostly just thought about the year ahead and what I hope for.

Work has been ok, I'm a little bit frustrated that Blondie is struggling, and he is also struggling to let me help him. Newbie Mogwai constantly messes about during Blondie's shifts, since Blondie doesn't like confrontation. But he's friendly, so I'm reminding him that you don't get more hours or pay until you're actually impressing people.

This month I have a couple of annoying medical things to sort and stupid paperwork. Unfortunately I also dropped the ball on my tax bill (£600) and I completely forgot it was coming. Plus I have a 0% credit offer that's ending (£1,000). At exactly the time that I won't get any overtime hours from work and would've liked to get my car fixed 😔

Achievements: I have cut caffeine down massively, to two half-caf cups a day. Hoping to be down to none in a week's time. Also, since the bus drops me outside Cheap German Supermarket, I'm much better at having lunch fixings in my house.

Bargains: A pack of cooked sausages plus two roast chicken dinners, 9p each. Yes thanks.

Challenges: to continue to get the bus, perhaps for another month. It's craptastic to arrive at work wet through and to spend 3h a day just travelling, but it's helping me hit 20,000 steps a day, so that's something.

Spendy McSpenderson: a large chopping board to place over my oven hobs for a little bit of bench space (£4). Having moved my food spending all onto one card, I've unfortunately realised I spend about £140 a month. Unfortunately, this is reality for 2023...

No comments:

Post a Comment