Monday 17 April 2023

The Penny Drops

I am 99% sure I've had Covid again. The coughing is gravelly (but mostly faded away now). I realised after posting my last message in here that food wasn't awful, it was... flavourless. And I'm getting out of breath just walking (although I am nowhere near as tired as the first time I had it).

I am sort of getting my taste and smell back now but pretty much all I've eaten for a week is whichever carbs looked edible. At work yesterday I decided on a chili pot noodle, which was a silly idea because the only detectable flavour was "mouth on fire" but at least I ate it. I am now making myself a fakeaway chicken burger because it might smell nice? We will see.

Swagbucks has given me the credit "as a courtesy" which leaves me slightly miffed but at least I will get the payment. My doctor has finally deigned to call me (whoa) and in even more surprising news was quite pleasant and has some FREE medication which was unexpected - but I'll take it. Especially since having needed three days off work, my finances have taken a great big slap in the face.

I am currently speaking with a mortgage broker to try to refinance my debts. I have always assumed I can't get one, but he didn't seem to see any reason why not. If he's able to find me a lender who'll take me on (most will not lend on studio flats) then it will be an incredible relief, and cut my repayments in half.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment