Sunday 16 August 2020

Am Sad.

I dropped J off at the train station this morning, he's returning to Finland today 😢

J being J it is going to be dramatic, his passport is stuck with the DVLA so he has to fly back with an expired Finnish ID card and a letter from the Finnish embassy politely asking them to carry him. Then he left it so late to print a mandatory declaration form that we had to get a workmate's husband to print it... which J duly filled out and left behind this morning. Sigh. He also forgot to give me back my debit card, so that'll need to be posted back. He left it so late to book his coach to the airport that there were no suitable seats, so he had to pay another £40 for the train, which involves two changes and a tube ride, in London. Admittedly, the train takes half the time, so that's a win.

In the scheme of things I reckon the form is minor bordering on not an issue (they'll surely have them at the airport). I'm a bit more apprehensive about his flight, mainly the change in Latvia, which hasn't got a lot of time to spare. Eh. If it all goes pear-shaped, Finnair can rescue him in some way.

So yeah. I'm sad. I will miss him. And I'll worry about him quarantining and staring at walls and being antisocial. I hope he keeps in touch with work bestie T, who is likewise going to miss J sooo much.

Mood: sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment