Saturday 29 August 2020

Really Expensive Toothpaste

I work in a place which sells toothpaste, but our prices are... shall we say... convenience-store prices, probably because it's a convenience store. Anyway, I refuse to pay £3 for a product that I know I can get for £1 and which is a quality brand-name product. So every now and then I make my monthly trip to Poundland with the aim of getting "stuff I don't need to buy every week" in order to save myself some money in a bulk trip. Deodorant also features on that list because my own store only sells expensive sprays.

So did I save myself any money when I went to Poundland yesterday? Did I fuck. Fifteen quid gone and I've come home with deodorant, toothpaste, a new nightie, a new t-shirt, five pairs of socks, incense, cheese crackers and a scented candle. Oh well. Basically my intended two tubes of toothpaste just cost me £7.50 each. Cheers Colgate.

I was SO LOOKING FORWARD to two days off work after the Day From Hell™ which involved multiple mechanical failures, torrential rain, enormous queues and two (count 'em) two problem shoplifters. I spent half my time trying to calm the shift leader down and preventing him from absconding into the horizontal rain without a backwards glance - which he had threatened to do. So how's my two days looking? Yeah, my phone rang, I stupidly answered it and even more stupidly I agreed to work tomorrow. I just couldn't say no when my colleagues are also having days from hell.

Must think of the money. Must think of the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment