Saturday 22 August 2020

C'mon C'mon C'mon

I'm absolutely itching for change.

I am sick of moving belongings in my tiny bedroom anytime I do anything at all. Going to the loo when I wake up, I need to pick up my bag of loo roll, soap and hand towel, and step over the laundry basket on my floor... then when I get back I need to put the basket on my bed so I can actually navigate the floor and get dressed... bedtime I have to clear off my bed to sleep... I have to relocate things in my kitchenette to make a meal... it goes on and on. I knew this space was mentally tiny when I took it, but I'm just losing patience.

Properties are being reduced all the time but they aren't the ones I can afford. It's still good news, because if a half-bedroom shoebox gets reduced to "offers over 50" and a proper one-bedder is on at 60, then surely that means a studio is worth 35-40. Right? Right?

Current budget at auction is 42K, and for a conventional sale, I could probably go to 45. C'mon market, drop some more options into view... it's frustrating to the eye teeth that the only properties I can consider are the dirt-cheap ones allowing me to buy with the cash I can scrounge. Everyone else can get a mortgage so they can easily outbid me.

I am not thrilled with my boss. I broached the subject of a bigger permanent contract and while she was very nice about it, she wants to hire many bodies on tiny contracts instead. I told her that I need a decent number of hours on a contract or I'll have to look elsewhere, so she told me that if another site offers me a decent contract, then I should take it. 😞 Work bestie is disgusted and feels like they're idiots to let me go. It's a nice sentiment but niceness will never get me a mortgage.

Argh. Just agitated and impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment