Monday 27 July 2020

DEE Licious

I finally, for the first time in forever, made a banana cake. I kept bringing home free overripe bananas and procrastinating for so long that they even went beyond banana cake stage. And yes, that's a really, really long time, especially if you've kept them in the fridge...

But I digress, I made a banana cake today and am kicking myself for not making a double portion because it is just so incredibly good. I have eaten three slices and have saved the last piece for my son J to eat when he gets home from work.


It uses the easiest cake recipe in the world, which I posted ages and ages ago. One thing that I should mention is that this took 50 minutes to turn the right colour on top and be ready. It makes sense, because although it only makes a small cake, those bananas almost double the volume of the batter.

Survived the zoo. It was overcast but didn't really rain, which was good. But disappointingly a lot of exhibits were shut or seemed to contain no animals. We'd seen the whole place in two hours and agreed that the random housecat we saw was the best animal there and the best exhibit was the bugs house. Underwhelming. At least we didn't buy our picnic lunch, which was freebie bits and pieces from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment