Friday 24 July 2020

Looking Up, Looking Down

My next-door neighbour has moved out and in a fit of brilliance I asked the landlord if my son could pay a little over the asking price in return for only staying a short time. They said yes! The room is much larger than mine, a fair bit nicer and more spacious and just feels nice. We're moving his things over the next few days. I am also tossing up whether I might want it myself after he leaves. I'm starting to think that I might have to accept that ownership might be delayed a little longer. We shall see.

The flat search: I went to see the renovator's dream. It was incredible, and not in a good way. In my mind I was kinda hoping for something where you can just put a rug down and give the place a good clean. Yeah, no, this place didn't have an intact floor or ceiling. I don't have that kind of money to merely buy air space! A bit depressing, to be honest. She told me she'd had offers on it. So I told her that my offer wouldn't be in the ballpark and mentioned my budget off the cuff, and then she almost accidentally confirmed it's not in the ballpark, and agreed that it's not a cheap refurbishment. So that's that. She was nice, and at least I saw another example of what costs what.

Eating: free mozzarella, salad, cheesecake and sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment