Tuesday 21 July 2020

Itchy Feet

Today is a bit of a struggle with feeling low and wanting to buy a home already and wondering, sadly, if it is ever going to happen.

The flood of new properties has ground to a halt, at least down near my price range, and the one I want to go and see apparently has a list of interested parties. There has been a change to stamp duty rules meaning people in the 125k+ bracket can now afford to spend more and I worry that this will lead to an uptick in property prices in general. Add to that, my payment holiday has ended so from next month my "total available to spend" is going to go down each month I pay back the loan. Of course, I should be able to re-borrow the repaid money back out every couple of months, but it's just treading water and I'm busy wondering if that might go on for years.

Son J and I have booked to go to the zoo. I don't like this new system, which requires that you book. I had to book it ten days in advance. The weather outside today is awful (muggy, overcast and is likely to rain) and I will be just disgusted if it pours on the day we booked... which would not have happened without pre-booking since we just would not choose to go on a rainy day!

Ouch: Car insurance, £25 more, which is great value considering I have moved house and the original quote was even higher. Goodbye £400.

No comments:

Post a Comment