Sunday 3 January 2021

I Survived

My first day back, that is. Before all this shenanigans I used to do regular 10-hour days. So how did it go? I was absolutely shattered with exhaustion after three hours of standing still behind a till.

If there is one thing I will never take for granted again it's my physical fitness. I had let it get rather poor indeed and three weeks of inactivity have turned me into a barely-walking potato. My weight is down (slightly) but I'm weak as a kitten. I also feel the cold a lot lately, the little blow heater is getting a workout (with the associated electric meter ticking over at haste).

It seems apt that my New Years' Resolutions were already about getting more active and getting outdoors more.

I had a delicious houmous wrap for dinner and I have definite designs on the ice cream in my freezer :)

Spendy McSpenderson: I ordered a pair of £6 wetsuit boots so that once it warms up from "icy" to just "cold", I might dare to get my feet wet at the beach, even if I don't dare swim.

Yellow stickers: houmous 29p, jaffa cakes 40p, madeira cake 49p. Freebies: popcorn, eggs, fruit pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment