Wednesday 6 January 2021

Oh Pugsley

So today at 11am, at a balmy 4 degrees, Pugsley's battery decided it didn't want to play. I kind of deserved this. The car hasn't done many miles of late, and when it was going out, it was for 15-minute journeys with the lights on. I noticed that it was sluggish to turn over for the last three times I've driven it, but did I do anything about that? No, dear reader I did not. Fast forward to today and there just wasn't enough juice to start up.

So predictably I cursed, wondered how late I would be, and yet in a minor miracle, I managed to get the car turned around at the top of my very congested driveway without any engine power. It's a lovely little reminder of just how important power steering and especially, power brakes are, because you need to virtually stand on them just to stop a gentle roll, let alone stop a car actually travelling... but I digress. Got the car turned around, managed to clutch start it by rolling down the driveaway, and crept to work with my lights out and with many a murmured prayer to the dog of car batteries. To my surprise it started just fine when I left work. I am of a new resolution to stop driving the car cold and to always park it nose-down on a hill from here... and if it misbehaves again to replace the dang battery!

Freebies: Hoisin duck wrap for my dinner. Yellow stickers: Cranberry & Wensleydale cheese 56p (three of these!) and two mini trifles for 45p.

No comments:

Post a Comment