Monday 20 September 2021

Four Days

Four days I waited after my Ouchrun, thinking that since my muscles felt ok, it was enough recovery time before hitting the gym.

No. No it was not. I merrily started my brisk walk on the treadmill but when I broke into the run, everything hurt. And not just the usual sore muscle thing, which wouldn't have bothered me in the least. Joints ached and it was actual pain. To be honest it was actually very irritating as I was quite in the mood to get the heart going, but I'm also a big fan of listening to my body and I'd clearly done myself more injury than I had realised.

I spent a shift with Grace and took her through the basics. It was a reminder of just how ridiculous my task list is during a shift, when I actually wrote it all down and filled an A4 sheet just with the basics. Grace did handle everything really well (although I don't expect so much information to all penetrate in one go) but she did remark in surprise at the sheer number of tasks. Quite separate from Parkrun and the gym, my feet hurt every single day. Nine hours on my feet without a proper break, sigh. Normal normal.

Must keep the faith, flight is booked to visit the kids in Finland and I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment