Monday 13 September 2021

Umwhat?

Boss Lady is going away for a week, and as she had stuff to do, she took me aside at lunchtime to prep me for the week ahead. Ok, cool. So I'm nodding along as she lists a bunch of stuff. She's already done ABC reports, Work Bestie is going to take care of X, Cousin Store's manager will drop in on Friday to make sure everything's ok, and you might get a visit from Checklist Lady, but that's no drama because reasons, reasons, reasons and all you need to do is show her paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Cool, cool, cool. And of course you'll keep managing the rota and filling overtime. Yeah fine.

Then she drops the bombshell, Oh, and I'm going to make you acting manager while I'm away.

Wait wtf what? I actually asked if she was insane.

I still actually think she's insane. I don't know what I'm doing.

I have a favourite minion, Coco, who is just so ready to be a trainee team leader, and I eventually convinced Demiboss to let Coco take over in the mornings so that she could learn. It went really well, and I was just about to arrange the same for the evening shift, when... she successfully scored a position elsewhere as a team leader 😭 I am thrilled for her but crushed for us. So I've now put all my energy into training Grace. I've learned the hard way and am not nagging for permission this time, I'm just doing it then announcing: hey, it's done! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment