Thursday 21 October 2021

Be Me

...go to Big Shop to buy new trainers

...try on all the trainers

...no trainers fit right

...curse

...buy trousers that hadn't been part of the plan. Also Christmas socks.


I've almost worn through my trusty trainers and I am now very tempted to buy the exact same cheap ones again for the fourth time. They fit properly, and that's kind of important when you're wearing shoes. The thing is, I was thinking I should get proper jogging trainers that actually cushion my foot a bit, but apparently everyone who shops in the Big Shop has really narrow feet.

I hinted that I was looking for another job, well, I put a few applications in. I had a phone screen this morning (and passed) and another place attempted one tonight while I was at work - but no sooner had I asked for a time I could call back as I was working, when she just said ah it's fine, I'll just put you through to interview. So two interviews next week (online manager and section manager), hence the need for dress trousers.

Sort of a bit bewildered because I am not in a "job searching" frame of mind in any way, mainly I just don't want to have to go back to my own work! But hey, these roles are all stretches for me, I'm already a little stunned at being shortlisted twice, truth be told, and I don't really expect to be successful. I suspect that I'll need to have a few knockbacks to make me accept that I don't have an easy route out of where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment