Saturday 9 October 2021

Wall-y

I haven't said much about my ongoing renovations of late because not much has been ongoing. I did my usual thing of losing interest and procrastinating. But this week I've finally got back into it. Turns out that the previous owners not only liked pink, cream and mustard, they also liked duck-egg blue. And might I just say for the record that I do not recommend all four colours be used on one room, in any circumstance, ever.

Burnt out at work, I have calculated (for the ninetieth time) that I cannot yet afford to either retire or be unemployed. This is quite disappointing. I am considering approaching my local member of parliament with a view to getting this sort of thing banned.

I decided to spend one of my days off attempting a ton of surveys from Prolific, Testable, YouGov and a few others. I have earned about £20. This, sadly, would not be enough to live off (surprise). Seems like I'm going back to work tomorrow morning.

On the other hand, moving boxes and stuff about in order to access the walls, I'm reminded that I do actually have a bunch of stuff I should offload, and one day perhaps I'll take it all to a car boot sale 😊

Not done: the several bank switching offers that would each net me about £100. But they require thinking, which is hard to do when exhausted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment