Sunday 2 October 2022

Too Much Month

Too much month at the end of my money.

This hasn't happened in a while, but I did a quick count of everything coming out before my next pay from work and... the sums don't work out. This is basically big bills all catching up at once, combined with missing work due to being ill. The timing is bad, as it's too late to stop my direct debit, which is more than £500 as it's set to always "pay in full". Which is good, because you know, paying in full is good, except when the money isn't there!

Long story short I've had to do a money transfer off two credit cards and half of it wasn't interest-free. Sad face goes here 😞 I am currently doing surveys and trying to scrape together a few pounds more. I'd rather not have to buy next week's groceries on credit, since I was so proud of myself managing £20 cash each week 😁 Still, it is nice to know that I have options to sort this out. There are a lot of people who just don't have those options, who would just go hungry or have no heating. I am fortunate, I am nowhere near the bottom of the barrel.

It's meter-read day, so I dutifully submitted a reading. I do hope that the promised credits go onto my power bill this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment