Sunday 28 May 2023

Closest Scrape Yet

So earlier this week (for the second time) there were insufficient funds to pay a direct debit and I had until 2.30pm to pay in so that it wouldn't be missed. I transferred the last few pounds from my other current account so there was enough. But then I checked my bank, and the stupid "other account" money had not turned up, leaving me about one pound short.

I grumbled extensively and then drove to the bank to deposit a five-pound note. To my even greater irritation, once I deposited that, the missing transfer showed up. smacks head on wall

It's getting annoying being this close to the bone, if I'm honest. Three times this week I've had to make excuses when co-workers asked me to buy them a drink during their breaks, so I say no, but it's embarrassing that I feel selfish when I never even buy myself a drink. And that I feel judged, because I do occasionally "splash out" on a sandwich for 90p when I'm on an eight-hour shift.

On the flipside, there's something wrong with my clock in records from last weekend and it recorded the time wrong. Good Boss knows, said Head Office was fixing it, but, well, HO didn't fix it and they've overpaid me. I've mentioned that I got overpaid, but nobody seems to care. 💁 It's about 12 hours' worth or so. Anyway, I'm taking the attitude they will correct it eventually so this is just a loan.

Even so, if they think I won't use it on bills right now, they are wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment