Monday 22 May 2023

It's About Time.

So, finally I can talk more openly about my health issues, as I have now reached the magic number of 13 weeks pregnant 😊 It has been a bit of a rough ride, especially in the early weeks, but now I'm feeling great and have a relatively-clean bill of health. And I'm really starting to feel excited 😊

I have been fiercely resisting accumulating most baby items, especially since I was so worried about miscarriage in the first few months, but there are few items I've seen in my travels and I had to make sure I didn't miss getting my hands on them. The first item I scored for free was this:

Posed by models - but I have this exact set.

Mine hasn't got the canopy (and it has plain bedsheets) but it's in lovely condition and I'm really pleased. The same lady gave me a white baby bath as well. I then got my hands on the real score:

Again posed by models but mine looks almost as immaculate as this!

It's convertible and adjustable from birth right up to four years, which is brilliant and will save me a lot of hassle. For lots of assorted reasons I'm quite sure it's not very old and hasn't been in an accident, so I am really chuffed at getting my hands on it for free. I am now on the lookout for a pram in good condition.

Spendy McSpenderson: well this month I realised there was too much due and not enough in the bank (surprise/as usual) so I've been pushing the odd pounds around. Today I walked up the post office and exchanged my leftover Australian dollars, then went to the bank to deposit the cash. I also stopped in at a couple of charity shops and found two plain t-shirts which will fit me as I get bigger - but so far, no luck finding maternity trousers or reusable nappies. I also stopped in at Favourite Supermarket and spent eight whole pounds on essentials. No, on actual essentials this time, no pizza went into my basket and I actually behaved. 😁

Applied: for two part-time cleaning jobs. One is in the morning, and the other is keyholder at any time over the weekend. I am hopeful.

Saving: coins and £5 notes, as I would like to do a car boot sale while I'm still able to lift and carry all my unwanted stuff in and out of my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment