Friday 26 May 2023

Hunting About

Assuming that I may not get one or both of the cleaning jobs I applied for this week, I've been checking the job ads for more. It's a bit frustrating because some of them are either too many hours or clash with my main job - and at least half of the ads don't even tell you how many hours or when they are, which is ridiculous. Ah well, I shall keep looking, and keep checking for overtime at work as well.

I have reached payout today on three more survey sites and that will be another £30 headed my way over the next few days.

Frugal: so a few months ago I bought a natural ginger cordial. It tasted of nothing but "hot" and wasn't enjoyable at all. Well, today I am drinking it, mixed with a bit of apple squash. I cannot STAND food waste! ...which is why I am eating the caramel snack bars that I don't like, and the bitter easy peelers in my fridge. Tonight I will mix a bunch of vegetables into a "minced beef and onion" tin to male it edible. Food Club has limited options for protein, so I take what I can get.

Work: To my immense irritation, I've been made to declare my career intentions after Maternity Leave. I should have been put on the trainee programme without regard to that, but, work is still making Baby Steps in regards to learning about equal rights (did you see what I did there?).

I just didn't have the guts to decline to discuss it. So I told them I do intend to progress... but also will want to reduce hours after baby is born. I don't think they've figured out just yet exactly how long that will keep me off work 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment