Tuesday 25 July 2023

Change of Plans

So what did I do? Rediscovered the t-shirts I bought which don't fit. So I took them back to the shop, and got me £14 in store credit. I also took about £6 in coins with me and was determined to stay under budget. I still went over (you're not actually surprised, are you?) but I am blaming it on buying milk. Also possibly on a packet of strawberry mini trifles for £1.09.

But otherwise, it was a fairly behaved shop of bananas, yoghurt, salad and sandwich fixings. Also a tiny pack of cheese snacks and can of drink for the movies. I just couldn't stomach an enormous bag of too-salty popcorn from home. The movie turned out to be good, much to my surprise, although I'm now exhausted from the five-minute walk in each direction.

Today I cashed out another survey site so there is a £10 supermarket voucher sitting in my email. I shouldn't need it for another week but it's nice to have. I have actually sorted through my cupboards to see what is there... turns out I most definitely do not need tinned carrots or tinned peaches 😂 but the variety of tinned casseroles is sadly lacking (ie: I've got chili con carne and that is all). Partly this is because Food Club has cut down which tins they offer. Last visit, I got myself some frozen pies and even a pizza, which were lovely treats, so here's hoping they have more frozen items this time. They should also have fresh vegies from their allotment 😍

My maternity uniform arrived at work and is both laughable and unwearable. Literally, unless I would care to expose myself. I already own three plain black fitted tunics and now I've ordered three more of the same in "work colour", despite that not being "appropriate uniform" and I will argue with Big Boss if he dares complain. I don't like wearing black because it attracts absolutely every speck of fluff and dust, and that makes me feel constantly paranoid that there's dust on my shoulders as well!

Mood: tired. Getting tired. Actually reconsidering whether I can work for as many weeks as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment