Saturday 22 July 2023

Sad Face :(

Stupid arsehole Vinted has started deleting my listings for nappies, citing their rule that you can't sell used underwear. It's not used underwear ffs, they are nappies, and there are thousands of listings for used ones. So ridiculous. I've sent them a message appealing it but I don't really expect it to go anywhere. Ima just sit pulling a sad face and will try to decide what to do with the rest of the stash that I have. eBay is one option (a Buy It Now, not an auction listing) but neither the prices nor the fees are as good.

The annoyance of the overgrown and unkempt garden has a couple of silver linings... the majority of what's gone mental out the top of the hedges is Buddleia, so at least the butterflies and bees will be happy. And for months I've been irritated by the occasional scratch and stab of vines, which it's taken me way too long to realise are blackberries. I've collected half a cup of ripe ones today and there's a lot more that are still red. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

After four days off work this week my pay next week will be hideous and I'm not sure it will even cover essential bills. I have hauled out my £20 worth of coins and am trying to do some surveys. Worst comes to worst there's one bill I can delay by a week and I could also do a cash advance for the others 😞 which is bad for a credit history but certainly better than missing a repayment. We shall see how things go. It's "eat from the cupboards" this week (and the freezer!) and I will drop in to Food Club on Tuesday.

Tomorrow I'm going to see the Barbie movie with my workmates. No, I don't know what came over me either. 😂 I already have the ticket so at least I don't need to find money for that. I will be taking a bag of microwaved popcorn with me and a drink from home... I can't turn up without snacks or else someone will insist on "lending me the money" and they really don't need to know that I neither want to be buying snacks OR paying them back!

Today's lunch: chicken & veg curry tin mixed with a "golden vegetable" flavoured rice sachet, and also some scrambled eggs mixed in (another portion is in the fridge for tomorrow). Dinner is a cup-a-soup with a hot dog roll followed by half a tin of peaches 😋 All of these things were from Food Club, and I'm kinda pleased with myself for whittling down the stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment