Sunday 9 July 2023

We've Dumped DilEmma!

FINALLY! And oh my god not before time. She has left her company (and nobody told us for weeks) and their "management" has been so terrible for the past three months that it really hasn't been management at all - there's talk of demanding a refund, but let's see if the other owners can be bothered with that... Anyway, today I've been on the phone to the LOVELY guy who I tried to get to replace her a year ago and he's already taken on another dozen of her clients who've also dumped that company.

Now we might actually get some maintenance and upgrades done, things which have taken a year longer than they should have already.

I mentioned earlier my cloth nappy purchases from eBay, well, after navigating the minefield that is types, methods and sizes, I have chosen out my favourites and bid on a few more of the same. I'm planning on selling the less-practical ones, mostly the "all in one" options. The main reasons are that although they're simple to put on (because they look and function just like a disposable) they take ages to dry, can't be tumble dried and have to be reassembled in fiddly ways after each wash. Luckily, these are still the most popular kind (see above, re: looks like a disposable) so I shouldn't struggle to sell them on. I'm looking at Vinted right now since their prices look good.

I also found out this baby is a girl 😊 and on the same day got given a ginormous bin bag full of baby girls' clothing, most of which looks like it's never even been worn. The whole lot is currently drying and then I'll go through my stash - again - and just keep my favourites. I'm not a huge fan of overly-gendered clothing and certainly wouldn't buy it, but I have no qualms about keeping the best quality items and those which are most practical. Included in that stash were several jumpers and mittens plus a brand new unused cold-weather parka suit (all of which I needed).

Currently cooking some sad and neglected old potatoes, plus some carrots, with a view to doing a bit of meal prep for the week ahead. I've even tidied my kitchen a bit taken out my rubbish and all my recycling! 😮 Now if only I had that kind of enthusiasm for everything else...

Earned today: about £10 from surveys, and also cashed out an extra £16.70 on two sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment