Thursday 2 November 2023

What To Do

My blood glucose test has come back as "normal". What the heck am I supposed to do now? 😂 I mean, I'm sure my midwife will shrug it off, but I'm not convinced I'm not at least pre-pre-diabetic (I felt like garbage for most of the day after that test, which I blame on the long fast). I've decided to at least try to even out my eating and avoid snacking so much. It's only for a few weeks. I got some "more sensible" hospital food today from the shop (protein bars, rice crackers, strawberry milk with no added sugar). Picking up some free freezer bricks from a kind lady tomorrow, to keep everything cold in my cooler bag. 

Got my hair cut, one more thing ticked off and £12 out of my purse.

I have been way too slack in getting surveys done. I am so tired of them right now and I run out of steam really quickly. You'd think that a look at my internet banking would cure me of that.

Maybe I'll go look at it again now, to improve the motivation!

Switchy Switcheroo: I've switched (during my banking switch) from a year of free Disney+ to 6 free movie tickets. I saw on a website by accident that they get posted to you up front and therefore you get the whole benefit even if you then switch away a week later (this is a better deal than the online Disney+ access going poof the moment I move on). The website where I saw this is called Be Clever With Your Cash which also happens to have a great weekly podcast. I recommend you check it out. ✔

Carpet finally all cleaned, so is the rug (draped over chairs in an attempt to dry everything out). Hoping tomorrow to actually put the furniture where it all belongs and get my bag packed for hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment