Saturday 11 November 2023

Time Really Flies

...when you're, er, not doing much of anything at all?

I didn't get the role I applied for in the next store, but that's ok, the timing wasn't great anyway.

I went to Food Club again today, with the mindset that I might not get a chance to go next week. I only did a small shop. I also got a couple of bits and pieces from Fave Supermarket across the road. When I got home to unpack it, I realised I really have too much food in my house (so much of it is still in my shopping bags...). No danger of starving to death this side of C-word.

Speaking of which, I bought myself some soft cheese which I'm not allowed to eat yet. I also bought some yummy foods that I like, but which I will save until C-word. Then there's the tree... which I have wickedly already put up. In my defence, I might not have time to do it if I wait. Must figure out what to get baby for C-word. I have one small very minor item, but the thing is, she won't know what's happening that day and there's nothing I expect her to really need. 💁 Maybe I'll wrap something for myself instead and "ask" her to give it to me 😁

Need to get myself together to do the other bank switch before I run out of time. Lots of weird feelings going on so I do not know if something is happening or whether it's just me being old and close to term 😁

I applied for Universal Credit as yesterday was my last maternity payment. The questions are useless... I had to send a long written journal entry on my real situation. Then I applied for a £300 advance. It was apparently approved, to be paid mid-December. I closed it in annoyance and did a "benefits calculator" on another site and the end result was: no entitlement, too much income. Well that was a nice waste of time, I will "enjoy" my high income of stuff-all, until baby arrives? Or... something. More pushing money around in a circle as usual 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment