Wednesday 15 May 2019

Extra Fruit

I went in to Asda for my shopping and happened on three of these little pots. Normally I steer clear because even a reduced price isn't particularly cheap, but at 10p, that's a decent change of pace from all the mandarins and pears in my crisper :)

My Zenni glasses order ended up more expensive than expected, but still great value. I've been told I should now be wearing glasses to drive, and it's a different prescription to my new reading prescription, meaning I need separate glasses for each purpose. I ended up choosing one pair each of prescription sunglasses and clear non-reflective night glasses, and one pair for the PC. It all came to £31 including the postage, which is less than a single pair of the cheapest ones that Boots sells... Yes, I am taking a small risk that I might have made a mistake inputting my prescriptions on that site. But even if I have to get them made four times, I have still spent less!

I have come to the end of my extra temporary work. I think. I am struggling for motivation with my regular workplaces, too. It seems that I am getting bored of my job (who'd have thunk it?) so I really should get myself into gear in finding something more challenging.

Spendy McSpenderson foolishly went boredom-shopping on the way home from the optometrist. Plus side was four discounted tins of soup from the pound shop. Plus-minus was a small travel iron from a charity shop. I didn't find the actual things I wanted (some kind of small, interesting, framed print for the wall, or any curtains in a colour I liked).

This week's meals: Diced chicken breast with courgettes and mixed peppers, in gravy. Two pots of it is still in my fridge and I will be making a barbecue beef casserole to eat for another four days.

Free: Netflix binge continues whenever I'm at the gym (thank you to the lovely friend who continues to let me use their account). I am currently watching The Bridge (Swedish/Danish) and it's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment