Sunday 19 May 2019

Click, click

My increased credit limit has finally shown up on my credit report and my rating is now back up to the magnificent rating of "fair". I will save the confetti for another time.

Free sandwiches, quiche and a sausage roll from work. Also the last digestive biscuit in the packet. Thank you, Freebie Fairy.

I have been given some extra shifts from work, mostly 1 or 1.5 hours at a time. This will probably tip me back over the cut-off for Universal Credit. Those extra shifts, I will lose most of in top-up UC and taxes. I end up working for £2 an hour PLUS I am paying fuel to get there... I have made the very-irritating decision that I will now decline all extra work from this employer. I can't afford to go backwards to accept extra work, these tiny shifts always at different locations. No wonder some people are unable to accept jobs altogether.

One of my colleagues gave notice this week for reasons beyond her control. Between she and I, we were covering almost all their open shifts and sick calls, and that's coming to a screaming halt all at once. I predict a very bad week for management but I'm not going to allow myself to feel guilty. Yes, they pay me, but I've done them a lot of last-minute favours. I am a little bit annoyed that for two months I have been unknowingly doing that for free, but that's not their fault. Even so, it stops now. I will do my contracted work and nothing else. Look at me, finally getting tough?

Ideally I would get another job of shifts at least four hours at a time. I am applying for a few. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment